Friday, August 31, 2007

Art Contest Winners!

So.....thanks to EVERYONE who entered my "Senator Craig's Crazy Antics" art contest. Since the scandal broke, and I announced the contest, I have been FLOODED with entries! But there had to be a winner....and the winning submission came from: Brandon Dixon in Sacramento, California! Brandon will win a bag of Idaho potatoes, tickets for 2 to the BSU Homecoming game, Grand Marshall responsibilities at the Shelly Spud Days parade, and the chance to take Senator Craig's senate seat after the Senator resigns, but before the state of Idaho elects a new Senator in 2008.
Thanks, again, to EVERYONE who entered!

OK honestly....there wasn't an art contest....so don't feel like you missed something. I just thought it was funny how QUICKLY Senator-Craig-themed emails started flying around the world wide web. And what was even MORE funny to me was how I am evidently the ONLY person from Idaho that many of you know. As the stories unfolded, I got emails, phone calls, text messages, instant messages...hell, I'm pretty sure SOMEONE put up a billboard that said "MATT....YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW FROM IDAHO, SO YOU'RE GETTING THIS MESSAGE: YOUR SENATOR IS A CLASS ACT!" In a strange way, I feel honored to be your lone link to Idaho. It's a great state and a nice place to call home. It just currently happens to be in the search for a new not-so-frisky-or-sketchy Senator.

I guess if there is "POSITIVE" side to this, he DID attempt these things in a public restroom when he wasn't working and on the people's dollar... and not in his office given to him by the people....on the people's dollar...with an intern....

I'm just saying....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So many uses for a bag of Idahos, and who wouldn't swoon at the football tickets? I'd just advise the lucky winner to put paper on that senate seat first.