Sunday, October 28, 2007

Last Laugh

So Friday, I had to do a Segway Tour....and for those of you living in the Washington DC area, you know that Friday was a rainy, rainy day. And when I say rainy, I mean sheets or rain, warnings of flash floods, and puddles the size of small lakes at pretty much every street corner downtown due to bad drainage systems. Lots of water.

It will probably surprise most of you to find out that we run tours in the rain....but we do. If the people are willing to go out, then out we go. On Friday, we ended up having 16 people willing and ready to go out in the storm. So Karen took half of them, and I took the other half. When Karen showed up, she was grinning from ear to ear, and said she came 'prepared' for the tour in the weather. She disappeared into the bathroom, and reappeared soon after in her boyfriend's hip-waders that he uses to fish. In a RIVER. Like...basically rubber pants. And I got such a laugh out of it. I mean - first off, they were like 14 sizes to big. And second of all, it was a little bit of rain! Put on a poncho and call it good.

WELL.....there is no way to describe just how WET I got on that tour. I had a full length rain-slicker on, down to just below my knees.....and still...the shorts I was wearing were drenched everywhere. I had to have atleast 2 inches of water in my shoes....my socks were completely drenched...and my 3 layers of shirts were soaked through to the bone. My hat? Sopping wet. It was ridiculous. It took my shoes 2 full days to dry out!

And when I walked in....there was Karen in her hip-wading-comfort! I think her wrist was wet in one place....and the rest of her was dry as the desert. Stupid rubber pants!

OK...so this doesn't really show it. But you can kind of see how wet my shorts are....but the shirt and hat are not true representations. But PEOPLE....look how DRY and happy Karen looks? Because she WAS!
4 of my riders....in the crazy rain storm! They were such great sports...and we had a blast!

No comments: