Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I mean, I don't know about you....but I'm pretty sure this is the best thing I have seen. Ever. I mean, 80's sitcom stars (including Punky Brewster mugging for the camera!?), a song from Dreamgirls, a complete house set with no walls AND a lavish Thanksgiving feast? Yes, please.

It looks like such a nice day where they are - beautiful blue skies, light, wispy clouds. And they are all so happy. But just a couple of questions. 1. They sure got rid of Barbara Eden (in the green suit) quick. She doesn't get to sing and doesn't resurface at the feast. Are they REALLY a family? 2. Nell Carter sure elbowed her way to the center of the pack at the end. Trying to get the center of the shot? Or just an attempt to be closer to the turkey? No worries. Marla and Bea counter nicely. 3. Are the producers worried that Marla Gibbs is going to bite herself or others? If not, why else would she have one of those dog-collar-lampshade-protection things on? 4. Did I miss the episode where Punky Brewster went to Yale? and 5. Can you watch and notice how many times the vase on the table changes - from the white round vase to the clear tall crystal vase...back to the round...back to the tall...back to the round...to the tall...finally to the round? Trick photography. I love it.

Regardless, this is 3 minutes and 30 seconds of pure 80's bliss! So Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I'm thrilled you're all a part of MY family.

Mucho love - MAnderson

2 comments:

Dainon. said...

Thank GOODNESS for Bea Arthur's shoulder pads.

Hot Pants said...

Hold on while I gently wipe away the teer from my eye....those were all my fav's......truely touching.