Sunday, November 18, 2007

A 'Must See'

So I saw a movie this weekend that I can't stop thining about. It's a documentary, actually. And all I can say at this point is that everyone needs to go see it. Easier said than done, I realize. Currently, it is only open in NYC, LA and here in DC. BUT - if you're in those areas, find this movie and see it. (Here in DC it's only at the Dupont Circle Theater.) It's called 'War/Dance'. And instead of trying to describe it, I'm just going to add the trailer here for you to watch.

It was such a moving film...and I know I say this about food and pop songs and reality television in jest a lot of the time, but it really did change my life, a little bit. I can't describe how...but it did. I love it.

It's a very limited release, like I said before. But for my friends and aquaintances and friends of friends or strangers who stumbled onto my blog in any of the cities listed below, mark the release date on your calendar and then find the movie and check it out. But I warn you...these kids and their smiles and their hearts and their spirits will hook you. And you'll be touched or inspired or renewed....and you'll want to dance.

NOVEMBER 30th: Seattle (Landmark Varsity Theater), Philadelphia (Landmark Ritz Theater) and Boston (Landmark Kendall Square Cinema)

DECEMBER 14th: San Francisco (Landmark Lumiere 3), Berkley, CA (Landmark Shattuck 10) and Minneapolis (Landmark Lagoon Theater)

JANUARY 25th (celebrate my birthday on this day by seeing this film): San Diego (Landmark Ken Theater), Denver (Landmark Mayan Theater), Atlanta (Landmark Midtown Theater) and St. Louis (Landmark Tivoli Theater)

FEBRUARY 1st: Salt Lake City (Balcony Broadway Center Cinema)

Hopefully more cities will be added. Check out more on the movie by checking out the website: http://www.wardancethemovie.com/

1 comment:

Dainon. said...

I will see this when it shows up in my one-horse town ... more than TWO MONTHS from now! Gah!