Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Why I Love The Idaho Statesman

So I reported on my Love List that I am in love with my hometown newspaper, The Idaho Statesman. Today I signed on to their website to find that one of their 3 MAIN stories was about....the stiff competition at the Great Idaho Finger Steak Cook-Off! Finger steaks, you ask? Indeed. A distinctly Idaho food...all you really need to know is that these little gems (no pun intended....if you get the pun at all) consist of: red meat, batter, deep frying. YES. and PLEASE. Learn more about them at wikipedia by clicking HERE.

So....now that you're aware of finger steaks and have a better understanding of them, you can find out more about the comeptition at the Cook-Off...and find out who walked away the winner! Read the article HERE. PLUS - because The Statesman doesn't do anything second rate, you can have the award-winning recipe YOURSELF! Let me know when you're making them...I'll be over to test them out. (They go great with tater tots. I'm just sayin......)

PLUS....look how happy Finger Steaks made the judges of the Cook-Off!

NOW....just tell me that YOU don't love The Idaho Statesman, too!

No comments: