Tuesday, September 16, 2008

milestones


so first off, i wanted to find an image to go with this blog entry. so i went to google images and googled "milestones" - and this picture was on the first page. now i have no idea what it actually has to DO with milestones, but i love it...so i am using it.

now - on to the matter at hand. if you scroll to the bottom of this blog page, you will see a counter that, depending on when you visit, is increasing somewhere OVER 19,500 - ticking ever so closer to marking my 20,000 visitor. originally, for those who were helping me, i had set a somewhat lofty goal of attaining that number by the one year anniversary of the manderson report...back on august 17, 2008. we all know now that i didn't make it...and i'm ok with that, as i knew it was going to be a stretch going into it. but it was EFFORT that counts...and everyone around me were real champs in helping me try!

but now - that 20,000 visit is in sight...and that is cause to celebrate. and to make the climb to that milestone even MORE interesting...i'm putting out an offer that you can't refuse. the 20,000 visitor to the manderson report will get a super-special care-package put together with my own 2 hands! there are some surprises i started collecting back in august when i set the 20,000 goal...and some others that have come along since then. there will also be additional little trinkets once i know who the winner is. and for those of you who really want to win, there will ALSO be a fresh batch of "matt's super secret trail mix of amazingness" - or, what some of you have come to know as "matt's crack." (MINDS out of the gutter, people.) for those of you who have no idea what i'm talking about, trust me...the magic is worth the visits.

and finally, to make the fight to the top THAT much more fun, there will be BOOBY PRIZES for #19,999 and #20,001.

once the winners and "winners" are known, i will post pictures of the care packages before they are sent out!  so start visiting....and getting your friends and family to visit.  the more you visit, the greater your chance of being our lucky winner!

here's wishing EVERYONE a happy climb!

12 comments:

Fun times said...

I am so going to win. I am a very competitive person Matt, I don't know if you know that about me. I don't even care if I win the booby prize...Drew would actually be thrilled :)

Hot Pants said...

Whateva Jeni! I have already spent way too many hours trying to attain this goal to just give it up to you.

Fun times said...

Game on...the kids may go hungry, the laundry and dishes undone, my husband and friends neglected...but it will be all worth it when I win.

Hot Pants said...

Fortunatly for me I never do any of that stuff anyway.

Casey said...

I'm so going to beat Jeni. I'm going to visit your site so many times just to beat her.

Hot Pants said...

I am pretty sure I am the queen stalker here.

E said...

I heard about this from Jeni's blog, and I'm going visit your blog like crazy to bump up your daily visitor count and help her win, and in doing so, I win in fact win.

Hot Pants said...

You have too many typos to win anything.

E said...

Bee quiet Amy Thursty! Ima gonna win on accident, just like I planned.

Casey said...

You guys keep fighting cuz I'm gonna win!

In all fairness I only found Matt because of Jeni so maybe she really should win....NO! I can't let her win. I will not let her win.

Amy's Nerdy Husband said...

Nerds rule. Who else knew that each browser type creates a new Browser session. Nobody... I admit that it was unfair. Oh well. Enjoy the one Booby prize for 19999. Amy and I will enjoy the 20,000 and I might take pity on Jeni and give her the 20,001 prize. Thanks for playing!

In the mean time, I'll be reading my favorite blogs in Klingon.

Hot Pants said...

^^^^Who's that guy?