Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a dream come true!!!

the time has come to kick-start this blog!!! and why? because through the randomness of my life, i am leaving in 9 days to head to beautiful vancouver british columbia canada to work at the 2010 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES!!!!!!

this is vancouver. i love it.
and those who really know me KNOW that there are few things i love more than the olympics. (diet coke and.....cheesecake are right up there....)

i'm going to be a box office supervisor at this venue: cypress mountain. this is where they are going to be doing snowboarding, aerials and moguls. so pretty much...the cool, sexy events. which is pretty much why they wanted me to be there.

this is the view from cypress mountain looking down to my home for the next 5 week: vancouver!

* * * * *
i can't wait to start this adventure...and, much like my experience of blogging my months on the road with 'willy wonka', i am going to use this blog as an outlet to tell the stories of what i experience, show the pictures of what i see, and bring the olypmic experience to all of you...since i can't take you all with me.
(how cheesy was that?)
(so cheesy.)

5 comments:

Fun times said...

I love cheese :) and I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures! Never a dull moment when you are around :) Have fun!!! Get a few autographs of Shawn for me :) I love that Carrottop Hair!

Shannon said...

And Mini Eggs...you forgot that on your list of things you love. :) Can't wait to hear all about the Couv and see what you capture on film. Have a blast!!

Jen said...

welcome back Matt!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Matthew. I also LOVE the Olympics. It was so great to live and work in SLC when there where here. I got to volunteer in 2002 and it was amazing. I will be excited to watch your blog and hear your stories. You do have the best stories. I will also watch for you on TV. If you see a camera - try to get in the picture. Especially if it is anyone from the NBC Today show!

Heather said...

Matt I am SO HAPPY and EXCITED for you!
What a FABULOUS time and adventure you are going to have. I am looking forward to reading all about it!
I hope you have the BEST TIME EVER!!!