Tuesday, January 26, 2010

olympic memories

so the closer i get to leaving, the more i think back over past winter olypmics and memories i have of watching those events on various televisions throughout my life. a lot of different things come to mind...but the one thing that i think of more than anything else is the post-medal exhibition skate in salt lake city...when michelle kwan, who was hoping to finally grasp the gold in SLC but ended up with the bronze, skated a beautiful exhibition program to eva cassidy's 'fields of gold' - and left her heart on the ice. (figuratively, of course.)

here it is, in all it's youtube glory -



what is YOUR favorite winter olympic memory? COME ON....think......

2 comments:

SarahAnne said...

OK, you asked. Honestly, it was Nancy Kerrigan's 2nd place win in Lillehammer 1994 after the events with Tanya Harding. Such sweet vindication for her, and skated beautifully. She was always one of my faves anyway, and I was so thrilled for her.

Heather said...

I LOVE this video. She was my favorite figure skater and I so remember this performance. I was in awe of her grace and beauty and I think I even cried a little after she was done. She is such an amazing skater and such a classy lady! Thanks for sharing.