Thursday, January 3, 2013

my simple plan in 2013


blogging in 2012 did NOT go as i had planned.  i had grand visions of what i was going to accomplish last year...as you can see from my splattering of posts through january 2012 and maybe a couple in february 2012.  and then there was silence...which is pretty hysterical if you go back and read about all of the projects that i was launching last year on my quest for happiness.  it was going to be a grand march to the throne of joy!  if they gave points for good intentions, i think i'd be winning.

sadly, it turns out points are not awarded in the intentions category.  i wouldn't exactly say i'm losing because of it, but still, 2012 is littered with the things i didn't do:

-blog through the year.  making it to february 15 isn't even really a valiant effort.
-finish my 3 random magazines a month challenge.  it started out strong...but it petered out in may.
-finish my 'picture a day for a year' project.  the best showing of my failed projects...i made it to mid-august.  but still missed the last third of the year.
-attend my oldest niece's wedding.  i hate using the excuse of work...but work.
-attend my 3 oldest nephew's graduations.  more work.
-attend my 20 year high school reunion.  stupid work.
-work at the london olympics.  SURE it was somewhat of a pipe dream...but so was vancouver 2010, and i was there.
-travel much...if at all.  i mean, a quick trip to nyc or philly...or the virginia suburubs doesn't really count.

don't get me wrong - there were a lot of wonderful things that went right in 2012.  all i'm saying is that the grand plans i had last year at this time were interrupted by life marching by.

so in 2013, i'm not going to make a lot of grand plans.  they don't appear to do me much good.  here is my very loose and general plan:  i want to continue to focus on being happy...i want to write more....and i want to find what is the next "thing" for me.  (in the next week or so, i will write more about this, as i take a huge step away from my 8 year career as a professional actor and start on a road to...something...else.)

i still find a lot of joy in writing....so i'll set aside the gimmicks and failures of 2012 and hopefully get back to the basics of just writing my thoughts and observations and experiences.  i don't even really need anyone to read them...i just want to do it for me.

i can't wait to see how far i get!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'll read! You're still in my reader! I'm looking forward to learning more about your new plans.