Thursday, August 16, 2007

Welcome to the MAnderson Report!

Family, Friends and Various Visitors....

The time has come to OFFICIALLY put my previous blog to rest. My amazing 2 years with the Willy Wonka Experience ended in May of 2007, and I am on to bigger and better things. Namely, at the time of writing, UNEMPLOYMENT. But that doesn't mean I'm sitting around, watching soap operas and eating bon-bons. I've been on the RUN this summer....visiting family and friends in NYC, Atlanta, Buena Vista and Boise! And along with all that visiting, I've been auditioning for shows anywhere I can find them. AND eating bon-bons.

I'm happy to report that earlier this summer, I did end up securing 2 jobs/shows for the upcoming 2007-2008 season - right here in Washington DC! The shows are BOTH musicals - both with Theater J...and both prove to be exciting, but very different and challenging, experiences. The shows and dates are as follows:

-SHLEMIEL THE FIRST: December 18, 2007 - January 17, 2008

Inspired by Nobel Prize winner I.B. Singer’s whimsical tales of Chelm, the Village of Fools, this theatrical “jolt of Joy” features rollicking klezmer music, slapstick comedy, and a grand tale of mistaken identity. This musical, the hit of last season’s Robert Brustein Residency, will be fun for the whole family over the holidays!

“Rollicking...propulsively tuneful music...and dazzling lyrics” - The New York Times

-DAVID IN SHADOW AND LIGHT: May 6 - June 22, 2008

An epic musical retelling of King David’s astonishing trajectory from boy shepherd, to superstar ruler, to aging king as he wrestles with the lowest and the purest of human impulses. This visually stunning production incorporates thrilling dance sequences and a post-modern frame through which the triumphs and travails of the Bible’s most charismatic character are brought into vivid relief.

For those of you who would like to read more on the Theater J season, please see THIS article that was on Playbill.com earlier this summer. (You can also have a silent little celebration, like I did, when you see my name appear around paragraph 6. It's my FIRST apperance on Playbill AND I'm in the company of what appears to be the Who's Who of DC Professional Theater. I'm pretty humbled and excited!)

--------------------------------------------------

So what to expect from The MAnderson Report? I hope that it is a little slice of my life, as I pound the proverbial pavement in pursuit of 'Living The Dream' - known from here on out as simply 'LTD'. I will keep you posted on auditions, castings (hopefully), and the various antics of my life as I'm back in DC and beyond! I'm planning on carrying over a couple of features from the GoGloop days....because The Case Of The Unfortunates (The COTU's) deserves to live on beyond tour. And you can BET if I taste a cheesecake that deserves reporting on, you're going to hear about it! You can also expect to get an endless slew of pictures and stories thrown at you - as I start to figure out what my life is going to be like now that I'm back!

Feel free to comment - ask questions - send suggestions - anything you want! I hope this finds you all safe and well....and in some way or another, LTD....whatever it may be for YOU!

Ciao for now, friends!
M@

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey Matt good to see you bloggin again! I've been waiting and waiting! Im excited to see what you are up too =D
Shannon aka Cody's wifey

David Kopp said...

This cat, Matt is where it's at.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY The Manderson Report!
Matt - I'm totally ready for all your musings, anecdotes, non sequiturs, diatribes, epilogues, revelations, stories, outbursts and newsflashes!
By the way - that's a backronym for M-A-N-D-E-R-S-O-N! Power to you, stud.

Gillian said...

Matt! So glad to "see" you again! And you are so right...what a FABULOUS cast!! So happy for you! (My personal favs are the effervescent Matt Anderson, as well as Bobby (so amazing), Russell, and Margo...LOVE THEM!!!) That is so wonderful!!!!!! Yay, you're here...YAY, you're here!!! Tra La La...dance of Joy...dance of Love...Tra La LA!!!!

Joy Nagel said...

Hi Matt-
Its great to hear from you! You inspire me by Living the Dream! I'll keep an eye on The MAnderson Report to hear all about your successes!

Anonymous said...

Matt,

My life is now complete! Sabra has won and you are back to blogging! What will happen next?

PS. Wanna go to 7-11?