Monday, November 26, 2007

First Day!

So today, after almost 6 months of waiting, I start rehearsals for my next show! The show is with Theater J here in DC, and it is called 'Shlemiel The First'. From what I can gather from the script and the CD's of the music, it's complete and utter zaniness. A town of fools. Mistaken identity. A musical number about blintzes. What more could you want?

I'm ready....I'm sure I'll get excited once I'm there...but more than anything, I have a case of the jitters. Not bad nerves....just like 'New Job' nerves. Or 'First Day of College' nerves. Just the uncertainty that lies in the unknown. But it's an exciting nervous. And I'm sure I'll have stories to share as the process goes along. It's a fairly QUICK process, too. Today is November 26th and we open December 18th! Well, that's our first preview. We officially open on the 20th! but still...you do the math. That's 3 weeks. Oy vey!

I hope some of you get a chance to see the show. And if any of you are downtown and want to grab dinner, let me know. Tuesday through Friday, my rehearsals are 9am to 5pm in DuPont at the JCC. So I could meet you anytime afterwards. Gimme a holler!

Here goes NOTHIN'!
MAnderson

1 comment:

Megan Andrea said...

good luck!!! break a leg and other well wishes!