Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quick Rehearsal Update

So. I survived the first couple of days. The nerves went away, for the most part. And I'm having a ball! Seriously....this music and script and story are so crazy and zany that you can't help but have fun. And when you hear the music, you'll understand what I mean. A klezmer musical? Yes, please.

On Monday, our director, Nick, summed up the whole situation when he said, "You know you're in for a great night of theater when your first 2 items on the prop list are: over-sized dreydl and over-sized pickle, and in parenthesis behind that it says, 'stuffed for hitting people'." That's what we're dealing with, folks. And that's what you have to look forward to.

I wish I could write more tonight, but my eyes are heavy and I still need to look over my script some more. Tomorrow we finish up going through all the music and getting familiar with it, and then, we start staging things. Mind boggling how fast it all moves. But man, it's such a rush! And to sit back and watch this cast of seasoned professionals work is humbling and awesome. Anyway....for now....just know we're off and running. And me? I'm doing JUST fine!

Shlemiel and Yenta Pesha, doing their thing.

No comments: