Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy Friday

So I'm pretty much obsessed with the British comedy duo, French and Saunders. (That's Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.) They are hysterical. And when you put 'French Saunders' into a YouTube search, there are, like, 3 TRILLION video clips of their comedy from over the years. If you're bored and looking to laugh, try it. There are a lot of them, but a couple well worth checking out are the Prima Ballerina Parts 1 & 2....and I LOVE their one called Cold Turkey (making fun of the movie Cold Mountain.) OH...and ANY of the clips with them acting like teenagers OR elementary school kids are pretty entertaining, too.

Anyway - this French and Saunders clip is probably my favorite. Now not everyone is going to get it - and that is ok. If you're a music theater fan, and you know a certain 'singular sensation' show, then you'll get it. But I think even if you don't really get the reference, the performance/song/dance is so dang FUNNY...it can help anyone get through their Friday. PLUS, you might start calling yourself Cassie Broadway. I know I did. (French plays the dancer that comes in to audition, Saunders is the blonde director in the audience. Just FYI...)

You watch this and I'm going to find a pair of my woolly jazz pants to wear for the rest of the day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That scared me a bit...I don't know the reference...but that dancing was off the charts...what a show off!!