Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mamma Mia!

I'll be honest....when I heard the plan to make the Broadway juke box musical, MAMMA MIA into a full-length feature film, I wrinkled my nose, and thought it sounded like a terrible idea. And you know, after all is said and done, it actually still might turn out to be a terrible idea. But what I know right at this moment is this.....the first trailer for the movie was released today, and I couldn't be more excited for it.

I'm happy to admit it here and now....it looks fun. So mock or scoff or say what you will...but I'm going to happily support the movie musical genre in the summer of 2008, when Mamm Mia! hits the big screen. Singing? Check. ABBA music? Check. Dancing? Check. Set in Greece? Check. Meryl Streep vocalizing? Check. I mean....MY! MY! HOW CAN I RESIST YA?

See for yourself....

7 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

I saw "Mamma Mia" in London and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. This looks awesome!

Rachel said...

Colin Firth is in it??!! oh my.

Rachel said...

Colin Firth is in it??!! oh my.

Dainon. said...

This does nothing for me.

Shannon said...

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! I cannot wait!!!! THANK YOU!

Nate and Sina said...

chills...chills over my entire body. pierce, collin, meryl and LILLY KANE? i have never been more excited for summer to arrive.

Nate and Sina said...

and then i had to watch it a second time.