Monday, December 3, 2007

Stupid Strikes Again

So I have tried, for the most part, to NOT embarass myself by writing about seemingly insignificant pop culture stuff. Every so often, I will make a reality TV remark, or comment on a song or something, but for the most part, I avoid making comments, at least in print, that actually prove that I'm 30-something and still into pop culture. But I just can't hold it IN any longer. I read the MOST ridiculous AND funny thing, and I had to comment.

There are a lot of people that I dislike from the Reality TV realm...but there are no 2 that I despise MORE than the backstabbing villains from MTV's The Hills, 21 year old Heidi Montag and her 24 year old boyriend Spencer Pratt. I see pictures of them, and I want to punch them. Sometimes, I WILL punch them. ('Them' = the pictures, in this scenario.) They are snot-nosed rich kids from Southern California who have been handed everything they have ever wanted and have NO clue what 'REALITY' is even like.

But the best part about them is that they are in LOVE with themselves and their 'D-list' celebrity status (and giving them D-list MIGHT be bumping them up. I would probably put them more in the H- to K-list celebrity range, if I was being completely honest.) And this SELF love they have causes them to LOOK stupid a lot of the time, but also causes them to say REALLY stupid, albeit entertaining, things a majority of the time. LUCKILY, they can't seem to shut up, so we get to keep laughing. Most recently, they turned up AGAIN in Us Magazine...with a couple GEMS of quotes from both of them.

Here is the article, with the really magic moments in bold italics:

--------------------------------------
HEIDI'S NEW MUSIC CAREER

Heidi Montag has something to sing about! 'The Hills' star, 21, is in the studio recording her first album (which will be self-released in 2008) with fiance/manager Spencer Pratt, 24, by her side.

"It's nothing music has heard before. It is its own genre," she tells Us of the tunes she's cowriting with producer Theron Feemster (who has worked with Michael Jackson). When it was time to shoot the video for the single "Higher," Pratt had big ideas: "We wanted to do it in space, but it cost too much." They settled for a beach shoot, but Pratt insists the music is out of this world: "This album is going to be so good. People will try to hate, but you can't hate on a good thing!"

"I want to inspire people," Montag tells Us of her music.
------------------------
HAHAHAHAHA! It is its own genre? Come on now, Heidi. Is 'CRAPPY' really its own genre? Or can it span all the genres? I think you know the answer. We ALL do. And I LOVE how Spencer almost sounded.....oh, I don't know.....surprised to learn that shooting a complete music video IN SPACE actually cost too much....even for these LA socialites. Luckily, they "settled" for the beach shot.

So yeah....tell me they aren't ridiculous. I'm pretty sure YOU all want to punch them now, too. Here's a picture......

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i stopped reading your post b/c i felt like i was getting dumber learning more and more about them. thanks for making me another 30-something who knows about them--i didn't even know who they were until now!!! who the hell even watches those stupid shows?

Laurie P. said...

Okay, let me just say... the guy is cuter than the girl. THE END.

-- Shannon's friend Laurie

Sorry to intrude on your blog, lol