Sunday, December 2, 2007

White House Memories

So today, I'm taking a chance to celebrate the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the Wonka Crew's trip to the White House! That's right, it was a year ago TODAY, early on a cold Monday morning, we rolled into the East Wing of the White House, proceeded through security, and finally made our way into the building....eventually performing for the President and First Lady. The first Children's Musical to perform in the East Room, thank you very much. It was such an incredible day and still such an unbelievable memory. It still makes me smile to think about being there and the whole whirlwind weekend. You can read my account or see my pictures from my various posts from last year on my Tour Blog. Just click HERE.

So to Graham, Elisa, Eric, Roe, Rachel, Tara, Jeffrey and Steve...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you all. Hope you have a great day remembering our magical experience together last year! I'm taking it upon myself to declare today a holiday....but I'm hoping to get a bill passed through Congress here in DC making the first Monday in December an actual NATIONAL holiday. We shall call it Wonka White House Day. We deserve it! I'll keep you posted.....

Hope EVERYONE'S December is off to a great start...where ever you may be! And it is my deepest hope that you all have a Happy Wonka White House Day today!

Cheers-
MAnderson

1 comment:

Sparklebot said...

Ah. President Bush is so good with the children.