Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm Alive

So. Um. What the crap has happened to me? Well...I am still alive and running in every direction possible. I THINK about blogging a lot...and when I'm on my way home each night, I have every INTENTION of blogging...but then I get home and my bed starts yelling, "MATT! MATT! LAY DOWN! SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!" And so I do. And it's nice.

I've been in rehearsals for "David In Shadow And Light" with Theater J for about 3 weeks now...and it has been thrilling and overwhelming and frustrating and exciting all at once. It's a brand new piece - a world-premiere musical, if you will - and the process of having the playwrite and the composer and the creative team all on hand and seeing the show take form as we learn it has been incredibly unique. Every day we come in, there are new copies of updated or changed music or dialogue...it's crazy. More on the show to come.

Along with rehearsals, I'm still balancing 2 part-time jobs, and auditioning around DC, as we are just getting into AUDITION SEASON for the 2008-2009 season. So...I'm busy. But I'm pretty sure that's how I function best.

BUT - I'm never too busy to engage my friends in my NEWEST obsession: MOTORBOAT PICTURES! So - for lack of a more interesting blog entry, I'm going to post a few more pictures that I have taken since the last ones. AND - I'm still waiting for all of you to submit YOUR pictures for my enjoyment and to post here! Don't delay!

Enjoy these......

Shanna brings mad-skills to her first motorboat attempt.

Christine gets a LITTLE shy....

but then delivers a clear winner.

Carolyn and Bobby take some time out of rehearsal to give it a try.


And then Russell joins them in the fun!

Liz gets the hang of the motorboat RIGHT off the bat.

Liz then invites Sam along for the fun.

Dan Rosman delivers the goods!

And then the Rosman kids give their best shot at it, too.

AND FINALLY....I couldn't choose a favorte from this group! All of them are GENIUS!

Anais and Caroline #1.

Anais and Caroline #2.

Anais and Caroline #3.

PURE. ART.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok so these pictures are quite hilarious and so I have a question for you because I would like to take some motorboat pictures myself...question is...do you just say 1...2..3..motorboat....or do you have them make a motorboat sound ...sorry Im slightly stupid but I want to get some fabulous motorboat pictures I need your help!

MAnderson said...

Shannon! It's a definite combo. You DO say 1-2-3-motorboat! And then you do the motorboat sound! Beware - there will be flying spittle involved, some of the time. But as you can see from the pictures, the end result is SO worth it!
ENJOY! Your pics are going to be GREAT! :)