Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To Kayla

Hi Kalya!

This whole blog entry is for you! Sorry it took me so many days to post it. I had to wait for it to stop raining in order to get some good pictures. Thanks for calling me to remind me!

So here it is. I finally got to take some pictures to show you what it looks like where I live here in Washington DC. When you asked me on the phone what my house was like, I had a tough time explaining it to you...because it's not like any houses you would ever see in Boise! But as you can see from the pictures....it's just like I said on the phone - tall and skinny!

The other pictures are just pictures of my street and my neighborhood. I think you would like it here. I live 3 blocks from 3 different schools....4 blocks from a grocery store...and right around the corner from my house is a nice, big park! PLUS - in front of my house, you can catch a bus to almost anywhere in the city!
Anyway - I want to make sure to get these posted so you can see them soon! Last time you were in Washington DC, you were just a little munchkin....and I didn't live in this house. I lived out across the river in Virginia. So now, you need to come back and see it all for yourself. You can bring your brothers, too! Tell your mom and dad that you need to take a trip to see your FAVORITE uncle in Washington DC.

I sure do love and miss you, Kayla! Enjoy the pictures!

And be good!
Uncle Matt

OK. So my house is the one in the middle. DIRECTLY behind the car. There is a hose hanging out front. The houses to the left and right are both connected to our house on the outside...but are still separate, individual homes.

Here is a closer look at just my house. The car belongs to our CRAAAAAZY neighbor lady.

Here is a shot looking down my side of the street.

Another section of houses on my block.

Standing in the middle of the intersection at 36th and T Street looking down my block. Looks very different from Boise, eh?

1 comment:

Steph said...

Nice shot of the neighbor lady's bum!