Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Let's Discuss A Few Things

So it's time for another lengthy blog post to catch up on what has been keeping me away from blogging recently. Except....I'm going to try and not be too lengthy. It's late - and I need to get to bed.

1. DAVID IN SHADOW AND LIGHT starts previews.....

So yeah. This past Saturday night, for better or worse, we started previews of the show. It was quite a feat getting it up and running....and after a day off yesterday, we were back tonight making changes and cuts to parts of the show to try and whittle it down to a 'manageable length.' (The entire evening is clocking in at about 3 hours at this point.) It is definitely a work in progress, and it has never been the same show twice. LUCKILY - I am working with a stellar cast of people who make it bearable and fun! We might laugh a little too much...but it is getting us through. So I say it's worth it. The show runs until June 22nd, I believe....so....I guess come see it if you want. I know it's been available through Gold Star Events here in DC - so check it out.

2. I got a gig for Fall 2008!

Last Friday, I got cast in a new show that will give me work from September through the beginning of November this year! And I'm very excited about it. I'll be working at Imagination Stage in Bethesda, performing in their production of BUSYTOWN The Musical! It's a family musical based on the Richard Scarry books and characters that we all grew up with! It the DC area premiere...and I am going to be playing Huckle The Cat - who serves as the narrator for the day in Busytown. (OR...as my friend, Bobby, likes to call it: "Frantic City".) The music is great and I am very excited for this chance to work with Imagination Stage. PLEASE let me know if you're going to be in the area and would like to see the show. Especially those of you with little ones. I think it's going to be a fun show.

3. THIS JUST IN - FRAGGLE ROCK: THE MOVIE!!!!

Who really cares about rehearsal or new plays or ANYTHING when you hear information like THIS! Just announced today - a full-length feature film of the Fraggles! It will not be done with CG....just good ol' fashioned Henson puppets! Seriously - nothing else is of importance to me. You can read more about it by clicking HERE. And you can ALSO relive the magic of the opening credits by watching this YouTube clip!


4. The British Bachelor is an IDIOT!

So the dude, Matt, from London chose the LAMEST girl to win! Her name is Shayne...she's an actress...and her dad is Lorenzo Lamas. And she told her dad she wanted to be on the show because it would be good for her career. But then back-peddled on that when her dad brought it up. Anyway - she's annoying. But after choosing her, now I think he's annoying, too. So they deserve each other.

THAT'S RIGHT! I just weighed in with my opinions on The Bachelor. Sue me.

5. PROM 2008

So, one of the coolest people I know in the 18-and-under category is my niece, Samantha. She's a sophomore at Centennial High School in Boise...and she's an amazing kid. She got asked to the prom this year - AS A SOPHOMORE - and this past weekend was the big dance! And last night, she sent me some pictures of her and her date. I can't believe she's all grown up and going to PROM! Sam was born when I was a senior in high school (at Centennial High School) - and it's been a pleasure watching her grow into the young woman that she is today! I love her dearly and I am so proud of her and so very happy that we are friends!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! I've just lived an entire "Lifetime made for tv movie" in the split second that I saw this photo. This dress is practically identical to MY prom dress, which I saw in a magazine and couldn't find anywhere and finally had a local seamstress make a pretty good copy of it for me . . . I was totally in LOVE with this dress, then a few years later totally embarrassed by it, then more recently really nostalgic and back in love with it again - so I was just Dee-Lited to see it again! And then just as quickly, my utter joy turned to horror and disbelief as I realized it takes a whole 20 years for a car to be considered a classic, and that my own prom dress took only . . . (gasp) 19 years. The same amount of time, apparantly, that it takes for a girl my age to realize that she's actually (gasp again) a woman my age. And while a dress can become new and hip all over again, the wearer of said dress can never go back and enjoy a new state of coolness the 2nd time around. And that initially depressing thought is exactly where the "Lifetime" epiphany occurred. Because guess what? 19 years later, I really don't want to be the prom girl anymore. Only certain cars are considered classic anyway - and some of those are the ones that were a little more original, sometimes unappreciated in their own time, and of course, durable enough to actually make it through 20 years of road rage and coffee spills and the nicks and dings of everyday practical use and STILL have something to offer at the other side. So I'm happy to see my dress has made it - a year early, too. It gives me faith that I may just grow up to be kinda cool afterall. Besides, I've got a whole 'nother year of livin' to do before I grow up enough to even be considered a classic, anyway. And being "old" does have it's advantages . . . you can bet I won't be wearing dyed-to-match uncomfortable shoes on ANY occasion ever again.
Toss ugly shoes out the window.
Drive into sunset.
Roll credits.

Sparklebot said...

It's weird for me to think that people whose births I remember are going to proms. I had the same experience with a young cousin a few years ago.

cameronmarch said...

Jack is very excited for the new Fraggle Rock movie. We got him the Season 1 DVD a few weeks ago and I think he called me a Gorg a few days ago. I don't know - it could have been Goob...

Gretchen said...

I wore that EXACT same dress to my prom in 1991!! Only difference is that mine was green. Guess Prom + Mormon always = Shawl collar with a Rosette.

I sincerely hope her shoes were dyed to match. That is the Prom way.