Wednesday, June 4, 2008

2016 Olympics

I can't even HANDLE the excitement of breaking Olympic news! Today in Athens, the IOC announced the 4 finalist cities who will compete to host the 2016 Summer Olympic games. The field was narrowed down from 7 cities. Eliminated from the race today were Doha, Qatar; Prague, Czech Republic, and Baku, Azerbaijan. (Read more about it HERE.)

Before the IOC gathers in October 2009 to cast THEIR votes, I'm interested in knowing what you think. Feel free to base your opinion on fact, emotion or the simple choice of 'coolest bid city logo.'

The 4 finalists are:

(I vote CHICAGO! It's my kind of town.....)

(I love the Spaniards in my life...but honestly...Europe is hosting 2012/London. Do they get the 2016 games, too?)

(South America has NEVER hosted an Olympics.)

(Asia has the 2008 games in Beijing....should they get another one THIS close? But - this IS my second favorite logo. Behind Chicago.)

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

I vote Chicago! But Tokyo's logo is awesome.

Jen said...

Let's give the South American's a chance. There needs to be a first for everything.

Eric Thompson said...

um...can we just go to either of them? please? awesome

Eric Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

wow that is tough.....they are all cool places. my gut goes w/chicago for an economy boost. :) 2nd choice is rio....a true party city!!