Monday, February 1, 2010

a day in whistler

good fortune shone on me sunday, and allowed me some free time to make a day trip up to whistler with my friends, darren and ty. someone forgot to tell the sun that we were coming, so 90% of our trip was fogged in. lots and lots of fog. so instead of taking the tram and seeing the mountains, we really just saw the village and the people. but it was awesome! and luckily, because i am learning on this trip that 'the secret' works, we were blessed with an appearance by the sun for the last 10% of our trip - and the pictures tell the story!

i am here to testify that the excitement and electricity that is building in vancouver extends all the way up to whistler - where a majority of the mountain events will happen - 2 hours north of the city!

enjoy the pictures from the day!!!!


me. vancouver 2010. nothing new here.


me outside the box office at whistler village. i am the one in the black coat.


L-R: ty. miga. quatchi. darren.


a couple of looks up to the faintest hint of the fog clearing over the village.


me and the mascots in the vancouver 2010 superstore! and i LOVE this picture of me. i'm not quite sure why - except i just look really happy.


i love how companies in canada work the maple leaf in. cute idea, canada.


this is called a "sign" in canada.


me. posing in front of....some building and no line. weird.


darren and i at the bottom of one of the ski hills.


looking up the ski hill.


matt. mama bear. cub. friends.


ty tames the bear.


um....scenery.


ty, darren and i posing. in some covered bridge.


me taking a break....catchin' some rays.


me...unhappy that i'm being bothered.


ty throwing snowballs.


clearly, i decided to punch darren in the head. and darren thought it sounded like a funny idea.

friends again! post-head-punch.


CELEBRATE WHISTLER!!!


another peak of the fog lifting...and a hint of the mountains that lie underneath.


i know that's what they call it, but i giggle everytime i see 'sliding sports.' hahaha. i just did it again.


i love the distinct fog line that cuts this picture (and mountain) in half.


more lifting fog....


looking up to the bottom of the run where they will be doing alpine skiing in creekside.


the official creekside signage.


the official creekside creek.


more mountains and snow and fog.


more signage.


christy and anais enjoy some of the scenery...and fog...


and then the 3 of us decided to set the timer and take a shot...although christy kept insisting she would take this one. i insisted NOT!


more of the clearing sky.


the arrival of the sun - on our way down from whistler.


full sun-mode at this point.


I. LOVE. BRITISH. COLUMBIA.


i mean....really? beautiful. beyond beautiful.


me...happy to see the sun.


artsy-fartsy attempt. just call me ansel.


hooray for whistler trip!


ty celebrated, too!


more pretty stuff.


hooray for the perfect day!!!

4 comments:

Fun times said...

Loving the pictures!!! So glad that you are having a great time and giving us all a taste of Canada :)

anais odessa said...

I'm having so much fun...I know I wish Christy would stop arguing with you too!

Donna Migliaccio said...

Gorgeous. Jealous.

Pander said...

Something I never thought I would be saying to you: I love your jump shots!!!!