Saturday, September 22, 2007

Double-Take

So...a new Broadway-bound show, "Lone Star Love", is currently tryng to fine-tune itself in Seattle before it makes the big move to the Big Apple. This is a pretty common practice for most shows before they open up on Broadway...and while they are playing these 'out of town' venues, there is much written and reported about them in the theater world.

I have been following the recent shows that have been playing out of town this summer, including Disney's 'Little Mermaid' (which just closed in Denver in preparation for a move to NYC in November)and Mel Brooks' 'Young Frankenstein' (which just closed in Seattle in preparation for a move to NYC in October). 'Lone Star Love' (A western, Civil War-era musical retelling of Shakespeare's 'Merry Wives of Windsor'...starring Randy Quaid) has been low on my list to follow until I saw THIS press photo tonight:

I mean....is it just me, or would it appear to you that New York (from Flavor of Love 1 & 2 AND I Love New York on VH-1) is appearing in the show?

Come on!! Now, I know it's not New York (whose real name is Tiffany Pollard....and I'm kind of sad that I know that)...but at first glace, I freaked out a little bit! Scared? Baffled? Intrigued? Maybe a little excited? All of the above? Lucky for all of us that the woman with Randy Quaid (who looks quite skeevy and frightening) is the incomparable Ramona Kelly. For now, Broadway stages are safe from the invasion of Miss New York the Reality TV Personality.

That is, until someone decides to make: Flavor of Love - The Musical. A splashy jukebox musical celebrating the musical catalog of Flavor Flav....including such hits as: "Baby, Baby, Baby", "Two Wrongz" and "Unga, Bunga, Bunga".

"yeeeeeeah boyyyyyyyyy"

2 comments:

Gillian said...

I am just scared of Randy Quaid's hair...

Michael Denton said...

I think Quaid's hair is SWEET. I am a little disappointed that NEW YORK is not going to be in this musical.

Either way it looks like it's going to be great.