Monday, March 17, 2008

SOLIDARITY!

This is Chris and Gillian.

They are good friends of mine. Many of you may remember them from my blog and stories from the Willy Wonka tour we all did together in 2005/06. They are normally very happy people. But today....they are not.

This is UNO's Pizzeria.

Chris and Gillian are huge fans of this place. Although I think it's just fine, they L to the O to the V to the E it. And they REALLY love the four cheese pizza.

(Not an actual UNO's Four Cheese Pizza. Only stand-in we could find on short notice.)

Or should I say LOVED the four cheese pizza. That's right. LOVED as in "it is now a thing of the past." To Chris' shock and dismay, he went to UNO's last week, sat down to order the four cheese pizza, and was told not only is it not ON the "NEW" menu, but it can't even be made in the restaurants!

Can't be made? I mean, they stil make pizza.....I checked their website. They still put CHEESE on their pizza. That's pretty much standard issue. But what they are telling us is that evidently they were having too hard of a time keeping FOUR whole cheeses in-house. So they had to scale back....and are now not able to produce this seemingly simple pizza that has brought so much joy to people in the past. Especially so much joy to my friends, Chris and Gillian.

So as a sign of support, I am bringing their plight to all of you out there in the blog-osphere. And telling you that YOU can help, too. Click HERE to go to Uno's website to find out how to contact their corporate office. All you have to do is call or write and place a comment that says "BRING BACK THE FOUR CHEESE PIZZA!" Even if you're not an Uno's fan, just think of those times YOU went to YOUR favorite restaurant and found things had changed...and your favorite item was NEVER to be seen again. Take this chance to speak up for not speaking up in the past. (I still remember the pain when Chili's discontinued the quesadillas that I used to love so much...and I said NOTHING!) Chris and Gillian thank you!

WHAT DO WE WANT? UNO'S FOUR CHEESE PIZZA!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

Um....I mean, now would be great. But just as soon as possible is good, too.

4 comments:

Jen said...

is this the pizza with the pesto sauce? if so, I am SOOOOOOOO sad. Because it is my MOST FAVORITE PIZZA from any pizza place, anywhere. I know that seems crazy to say with such boldness, but honestly, it is true. I am fortunately on a MAJOR diet right now and so pizza isn't on the menu, but when it is, I will be sad if I can't get my 4 cheese pesto pizza!

Jen said...

is this the pizza with the pesto sauce? if so, I am SOOOOOOOO sad. Because it is my MOST FAVORITE PIZZA from any pizza place, anywhere. I know that seems crazy to say with such boldness, but honestly, it is true. I am fortunately on a MAJOR diet right now and so pizza isn't on the menu, but when it is, I will be sad if I can't get my 4 cheese pesto pizza!

Jen said...

sorry that it is repeated twice, not because I really wanted to emphasize my point. it was an accident! OOPS!

Gillian said...

Matt, I need to thank you for your support and your forwarding of our mission. You are a true, true friend. I also need to do something I don't normally do in comments and respond to the comment(s) that were left before this one...Jen W. you are a GODDESS! Thank you for understanding that it is not just about the 4 cheese...for me it is really and truly about the PESTO SAUCE!!! I mean, really, PESTO!! Thank you for not only supporting Chris and I in our pizza mission but for getting to the true root of our dismay and trauma. And for being so moved that you had to write it all twice!! ;-) Kisses to you, Matt and Jen!!!